I don't have to look at the calendar to know that Lexi will be two in a month. A brief rundown of daily life with her offers ample reminders of her age.
Lately she has done things like:
- Stand ankle-deep IN the toilet
- Cover herself with lotion
- Draw on her hands and feet with red marker
- Raid the chocolate chips
- Unroll the toilet paper to the core
- Undress six times a day
- Want to help with everything, including scriptures and prayers
- Chant "I do it myself." "Yexi do it." "Me! Me!" "I do it!"
- Throw epic tantrums
- Climb here, there, and everywhere with the help of a chair
This is all very normal two-year-old behavior, right? She has started doing decidedly girlish things, as well, such as:
- Dress up in hats, necklaces, and bracelets
- Parade around in other people's shoes
- Sing "Rock-a-bye Baby" to her dollies in the cradle
- Feed the dollies in the high chair
- Sing the ABC song and other fun tunes in the car
In some ways it is hard to believe that Lexi's second birthday is approaching...but in others, not so much.