Pages

Mar 1, 2011

Army of angels

As I enter the second trimester of this difficult pregnancy, I am grateful to be doing better. I think I get a little stronger each day, more able to hold down food, better equipped to function as a human being, and more able act in my motherly role. I haven't thrown up for a week. This is a huge milestone -- one I haven't enjoyed since the beginning of January.

The fog is slowly lifting, and as it does, I am profoundly grateful for my blessings. I am especially humbled and somewhat awestruck at the outpouring of love, support, faith, and prayers that are being exercised on my behalf.

Today I found out that the entire Women's Conference committee is fasting and praying for me. Through my friend on the committee, a member of the Primary General Board emailed a message of love and support: "Bless her darling heart. She is a woman of great faith. Please convey my sincere love and respect for her when you next communicate."

A dear friend in Beaverton reflected on a beautiful experience we had together four years ago and said, "I felt sure that there were heavenly angels all throughout the halls of the hospital that day. It will always be a sweet memory for me. As I looked at [a picture from that day], I prayed that you would have an army of angels to help you through since we can't be nearby. Take Care, Miss Heidi. We'll be thinking of and praying for you."

Yesterday my neighbor brought me a beautiful blanket she crocheted for our baby. In the note she included with the blanket, she said, "All the prayers, time, effort, and service that have assisted you in the process are like every stitch crocheted in this blanket. In the end they will result in something beautiful and wonderful, and are worth every sacrifice you have made to get Baby Bartle here."

With such a tender army supporting me, how can I fail? Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all of you who are helping me. I can feel your strength.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Your tender post brought tears to my eyes. Bless you for choosing gratitude when it would be easy to choose discouragement. You're a great example, Heidi Bartle!

Kate said...

You ARE a great example, and I promise that not one time during my stomach flu bout this weekend did I get all crazy and dramatic and horrible to live with--at least not in my opinion-- and I normally would have, but I kept thinking of having to cope with that for over a month and with four kids to take care of to boot... and all it made me want to do was be a better human being and never whine about anything again in my whole life. This is one big run-on-sentence and I don't care. It's true.

granny said...

I, too, am so grateful for the army that has been serving you. Bless every single heart out there that is pleading and praying for you.

Grandma said...

So glad you're getting so much help. Bless them all.

Mark Dixon said...

Thank you, angels, from both heaven and earth, for helping our daughter!

kendra said...

while I've had it bad around here, I'd say you've had it worse. I had no idea you were in the hospital.

I'm sorry. I hope you continue to feel better and stronger everyday.

I am continuing to add you to my prayers...

betsy said...

I am so glad to hear that you have made it to that "place" where you can look back and in an unexpected way appreciate what you have been through. It is a wonderful feeling! I am so glad you are feeling better. . .so very glad :)

The Wizzle said...

I love fasting. I'm glad we could do something meaningful from far away!

Adri said...

Times like these always yield the best life lessons, don't you think?

Thank you for the beautiful note in the mail. I'm amazed you could find a moment to pen such sweet words. All my best to you, my girl. And, congrats on keeping your food down. Yeah!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share