Pages

Jul 27, 2009

Helpers

At 5:00 the boys came inside after a few hours of playing with their friends. I reminded them that they needed to finish their daily chores. Since they knew they got off easy this morning by getting to play before finishing their work, they didn't need much prodding.

The last item on Zach's list was his act of service. He asked for a suggestion. I told him he could make dinner for me.

"Okay!" he exclaimed. "What can I make?!" I laughed and told him I'd do it, but he was so eager. He thought maybe burritos would be good, but ultimately decided on peanut butter sandwiches. I loved watching Zach lay out the bread, assembly-line style, and then get to work. Under my direction (I was nursing) he also made fruit smoothies. What a feast we will have! I'm excited!



This reminded me of a moment earlier today, when Gavin raided the hall closet. I was nursing Lexi on the couch and was about to get after him for grabbing the Windex...but he also grabbed a rag! The sweet boy sprayed and wiped the window for ten minutes. Could I really complain?



I am especially fond of Gavin's outfit, aren't you? He was fully dressed at one point.

4 comments:

The Wizzle said...

This is awesome. I love when you're all ready to get after them for something but then hey do something adorable and harmless instead!

Emmy Z. said...

You sure do train them well! Go Heidi! I have to admit, I'm always disappointed when I don't see a new post from you every day. I remind myself that I need to cut you a wee bit of slack (ya know, with the whole being-a-mom-to-4-kids thing), but I quite enjoy your blog!

Grandma said...

How adorable. What a sweetie pie! And yes, I do love the outfit.

Carroll Conversations said...

So cute! That warms my heart to see him "helping" by cleaning the window. And score on the help with making dinner. Sometimes you gotta take whatever you can get, right?

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share