Pages

Jul 5, 2008

Wordles

My dad's blog recently featured "word clouds" from Wordle.net. I thought it would be fun to make one of my own (since I have nothing better to do at 3:30 in the morning when I can't sleep).


This Wordle represents the blog post "Yesterday in My Life." I think it's interesting to note which people and activities are emphasized more than others.




I made this one from the 6.15.08 post called "Adjustments," which talks about everyone in the family:




Here are Wordles for...

Zachary:




Tyler:




Gavin:




I am sufficiently entertained for the moment. Time to try sleeping again!

6 comments:

granny said...

Cool. It reminds me of 100 Things projects in a way. Very cool.

Lars said...

I just learned the fun linking feature a couple weeks ago. Go to Edit Posts. Select edit on this post. on the tool bar on that screen there's a little icon with a chain link. Highlight a word in your text, click the chain link, copy & paste the http: link. Then save your work. That should give you built in hot links.

Lars said...

Oh I looked at it closer. You can go to the same edit page, click the html tab (next to compose), copy & paste the code wordle gives you and preview. See if they are sized right for the blog. If you get a code error try checking the ignore box and save, sometimes it works anyway.

Mark Dixon said...

Wordles are fun stuff!

Mark Dixon said...

Heidi:

The only way I could figure out how to show the wordle picture on my blog was to do a screen capture, crop out everything but the wordle image and save it as a .jpg file. Then I could publish it as normal to my blog.

Dad

granny said...

wow all you guys are smart. i can't even post a picture.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share