Pages

Jul 18, 2008

We're going on a trip...

...in our favorite rocket ship, zooming through the sky...

Don't I wish.

You mommies out there will probably recognize the Little Einsteins jingle I just quoted. You mommies will also be able to commiserate with me when I tell you that I am hitting the road at six a.m. with three little boys in a minivan rather than a rocket.

Our minivan is heading to Logandale, Nevada tomorrow. Then to St. George, Utah. Then to Mesa, Arizona. Then to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Then back to Colorado Springs, Colorado. If you're counting miles, that's a little over 2,000.

Why, you ask, am I traveling by myself with three crazy boys in the middle of the summer to the Hottest Places on Earth?

Because I love my family. And I can't wait to spend time with them.

The boys haven't been to Logandale for 16 months and I know they'll love it there (if we don't melt). For Gavin, this trip will be a first. I'll get to see a dear Oregon friend in the middle of our journey, and then wish my brother well before he starts his two-year mission for our church. I'll get to see nieces and nephews, hug my sisters, rub a pregnant belly (if Rachel lets me), and see my newly skinny brother.

So, bring on the 115-degree heat, nine a.m. popsicles, and public pools. We're all about Grandma's trampoline and Granny's play room.

There's no place like home except Grandma's.

5 comments:

angiedunn said...

Yay!!!!!!

Thanks for hopping in your rocket ship shaped as a minivan, to come visit me.

I'm {really} excited to see you.

Is Gavin back to Gavin-ish-ness?

PS:
Chloe's new word is Rocket...that is her favorite show...(:

Reynolds Family said...

I think I might have that song in my mind all day now. Anyway, good luck! That is quite the trip. It makes me tired (and a little sweaty just to think about). Have fun!

Yin said...

Good luck! I also hope Gavin is back to his happy self. I took XM on a 3 hour car ride and vowed we'd never go anywhere again until she turns 18 :-)

Vicki said...

If you get bored in Logandale, we have a new playset out back and a nice playroom! We'd love to see you!

The Wizzle said...

I can't wait to see you! And Devlin can't wait to have some Real Live Boys to play with. You may rub my belly if you wish, although you might get your hand kicked off. This is another wiggly one.

I wish you luck on your journey. You are brave, brave, brave to do it by yourself. But I understand about wanting to see family, I really do.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share