Pages

Jun 17, 2008

Research & Development

The boys and I are on a mission to form a park-going play group for what's left of the Colorado summer. If I don't make some friends soon I just might go crazy.

So I printed out a map and we spent the last two afternoons checking out the green spaces. The boys have had a blast with all this park-hopping. I'm making notes of directions, amenities, and playtime potential so I can put together a flyer to pass around at church. People who know me are probably thinking, "Yup, I figured she'd do that!" I'm willing to do a little leg work to set up some social interaction for me and the kids. It's better than sitting around, waiting for someone to discover me.

The best part so far (besides feeling in control of my social destiny) has been introducing Gavin to the swings. Oh, how he loves the swings! He squeals and giggles for a while, and then he stares at the chains suspending the swing like he's trying to figure out the mechanism providing such glorious entertainment.

In other Gavin news, he is enjoying his first forays into solid foods and sippy cups. Biter biscuits and sweet potatoes are the latest delicacies. We might try something green tonight. He can sort of work the sippy cup, so that's progress, too.

But perhaps the most exciting news is that Gavin cut his first tooth! I had no idea until Garry told me about it this afternoon. Apparently Gavin grabbed Garry's finger and chomped down, so Garry investigated the sharp something in there. Anyway, it's the middle one on the bottom left, and it came about a month sooner than I expected. Perhaps this is why I haven't had a decent night's rest for a while...

6 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

I wish I could be as pro-active as you! I've lived in my apartment for almost a year, and I still know next to nobody in my neighborhood or ward. On that note, I am determined to overcome my shyness to a level where I will actually make some friends if I move to Kansas. Wish me luck -- and send me some of your confidence!

Reynolds Family said...

Ah, he is just so cute and his blonde fuzz is growing in so nicely.

angiedunn said...

♥ him. oh. my. gosh. he's tdf.

and thanks for the tour! your house is fabulous & i am in complete amazement @ how much you have done! holy moly.

the boyz stripes in their room=also tdf.

Grandma said...

What a sweet baby! He's so cute I feel like I could eat him up. I know that sounds weird but he's just soooooooooo cute!

The Wizzle said...

Wow, big news for Gavin! I have been trying to watch your tour on your last post, but my laptop kept having trouble right when you went downstairs. I'll give it a shot on this computer.

Good luck in your playgroup endeavors! I hope it pays off for you. Best way to make friends is, well, to MAKE them, you know? :)

Lars said...

I love the cute toes photo & his great grin!

Best wishes on the park/play group!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share