Pages

Jun 27, 2008

Published

In March of 2005, our family had a special experience that I turned into an article submission for the Ensign, a magazine for adults in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. About a year ago the article was selected for publication, and earlier this year I found out it would be in the magazine's July issue. That issue hit my mailbox (and millions of others around the world, I imagine) today, and it was fun to read about little Zach, think about our special ward family in Beaverton, and see my name in print!

So for those of you who subscribe to the
Ensign, turn to page 70 and read "Samaritan with a Screwdriver." For those of you who don't have access to a copy of the magazine, I'll post a link to the article as soon as it is available online, which I assume will be
July 1.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Lars said...

Timely. All week I've had the thought recurring that I should ask you when it's being published. I just opened my magazines last night after they've been on the counter for a few days and leafed through. But I missed it. I have to go get that right n....

Grandma said...

Congrats! It was fun seeing your name in print. I loved the story. It will be fun for the boys to read too.

The Wizzle said...

How cool! I just got ours yesterday and I haven't read it yet. Off to check!

granny said...

I got the magazine yesterday and sat down and went through every page to find it and MISSED it. But Holly said you called and I found it, knowing it was on 70. It still amazes me...what a tender mercy.

Admin said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute story! How funny that he would bring a screwdriver to church... That seems like such a strange prompting. Most of us (okay, me) would probably just ignore it. What a blessing that he didn't!

reddladybug said...

Isn't it awesome how the Spirit works?! Love it! How awesome to get published!

Rosemary T said...

Great story! You are a gifted writer, but just curious, how much did they edit it?
I have an Ensign article accepted too, but have no idea when it will be published. I'll let you know.
-Rosemary

runningfan said...

Since you asked, Rosemary...the editors simplified my writing quite a bit. I wasn't super happy with it at first, but I felt it was more important that the story got out there than for it to be written in what I thought was the perfect way. Most of the edits were simply done for length and brevity, but I still notice the missing verbiage when I read the final copy! Can't wait to hear about your article!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share