Pages

Nov 17, 2010

This is how we do it.

Anyone who has read this blog or knows my family at all can understand why I don't enjoy shopping. It mostly drives me crazy. If my kids tag along, there's an element of chaos and stress that drains any amusement that a "quick errand" might provide. And if I'm alone, I just wish I was home.

So now that we have entered birthday and holiday season, where lots of shopping must be done, I have pulled out my secret weapon: Amazon.com. Oh, Amazon, how I love thee and thy free two-day shipping! And so does my mother, who bought Christmas presents for my kids and birthday presents for Gavin
this week. Mr. UPS and Ms. FedEx have been busy since Saturday.



The only problem? I need a permanent sign on my doorbell: "If you ring the bell, I will break your finger." (Or something more gentle but equally effective.)

Tonight these presents will be wrapped and tucked away. Then I will make a sizable donation to the cardboard recycling center!

11 comments:

Shaina said...

I like Amazon too. Received my last package in the mail yesterday. It's so nice to be done with Christmas!!

Kim Milius said...

I did all my Christmas shopping online one year (before kids) when I was just too busy to get out & shop. I didn't use amazon for everything but that's a good idea to check there first. I may have to consider doing some of my shopping online again this year . . . isn't it so nice to have that option?

Cheeri said...

I loathe shopping as well! Hooray for Amazon and 2-day shipping! My packages will be here tomorrow :)

Melanie said...

Wish I was there to make a little wooden sign that I would hang over your doorbell. Sorry the disturbed naptime, but happy for all the fun packages!

granny said...

A broken finger might do the trick.

My pile is growing as well. Pretty fun!

Shannon said...

Three cheers for online shopping! I, too, am a convert.

The Wizzle said...

My house looks much the same this week! I've been loving all the goodies showing up and anticipating the season of giving to come. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

(Watch for an Amazon box to show up on your door, from us, in the next week or so...)

Danielle said...

the finger thing is hilarious! i can totally picture you doing it too. and yes, amazon rocks!

p.s. the pictures on your sidebar of the kids-so cute!

maynardmoments said...

I am a big fan of online shopping as well. I just got my last packages from Amazon today. I have to do the rest while the kiddos are at school. You have quite the load there...fun!

Grandma said...

I also ordered Gavin's birthday today and it should be delivered soon. Great thing for Amazon!

Lars said...

I completely agree! Remind me where you printed your family calendars?

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share