Pages

Nov 18, 2010

Hungry?

I was emailing a friend this morning when Gavin walked into our home office. In one hand he carried a carton of peppermint ice cream, in the other hand, a large spoon. I laughed. We convened to the kitchen, where we sat on the floor, shared the spoon, and finished off the ice cream. Yum!

A few minutes later I set about cleaning the hall bathroom, which is around the corner from the kitchen. I thought the Littles were downstairs watching TV. Not so. They were in the fridge. I found Gavin feeding Lexi some yogurt. I was impressed; Lexi didn't have a drop on her shirt and the floor below her was also yogurt-free. (Notice I didn't say "clean"....)


That's when I decided to make lunch. I warmed a slice of leftover pizza for Gavin. While I worked on Lexi's lunch, I didn't notice him taking a bag of shredded cheese from the fridge. He piled some on his pizza and then asked for a fork. It wasn't until I delivered the fork that I found his new lunch. He said, "I need a fork to cut the cheese!"


Silly boy. Life would be so very dull without you!

5 comments:

Lisa Romer Keele said...

That is so cute!!! Little kids do the silliest things sometimes.

Shaina said...

Kolby is always willing to share, when he gets into things. Somehow, it makes it more innocent, instead of wrong.

Glad you have enough patience and humor to get you through your day. I've said this before, but you are a wonderful mom!

granny said...

I want to join you for impromptu ice cream escapades. But can I have my own spoon??

Haha, you are great.

The Mitchells said...

How funny!

Carroll Conversations said...

HA! ". . .a fork to cut the cheese." =) The whole adventure is great, but that line hit my funny bone.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share