Pages

Jul 25, 2010

Long-distance

We have really been missing our Daddy lately, but thanks to modern technology, Garry is only a phone call or a computer screen away. Today we used Skype for an online video chat before church. The kids and I were so excited to see the face that goes with Daddy's voice. Lexi waved and kicked her legs while the boys crowded around the computer.


Here the boys are making their best fishy faces for the camera. They were telling Garry about swimming lessons and he referred to them as fish. The silly factor increased exponentially from there, which escalated to fighting, which prompted a sudden end to the call. Garry definitely saw a slice of real life today!

Happily, we will be together (in person) again this weekend. Garry is flying down to take us home. Despite my post from a couple of weeks ago that detailed our plans to live with my parents, we have decided to live as a Bartle family unit in Colorado until the house sells. We have no idea what the future holds. My current feeling is that it will take a long time to move forward, but that's OK. We will be together, and that's what counts.

9 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oh, so soon? I was hoping to squeeze in a housewarming party before you got away. I am glad your family will be together though.

Johnson Family said...

Being together as a family is the best thing ever!!!!!!!! I bet you have had a lot of fun here, but being together is the best thing in this life!!! If you come back, I will be very excited, and if you stay there I will be excited that you are together as a family!!

Grandma said...

I'm glad to see you'll be together again all the time. The kids and you need Garry around. Glad you've had an extended vacation though. I'm sure the kids had fun.

Jeff and Lori said...

You're coming back! Yay! I truly am rooting for you to get that house sold and get where you want to go--I really am. But I'm happy I get to see you again!

Vicki said...

Buying and selling houses has so many uncertainties that it can be so frustrating! Good luck with everything!!

The Cushing Family said...

I don't know how you do it. I was without Bryce for 4 weeks and thought I would go crazy. I can't imagine taking care of four little ones on your own. I think it's great how you guys have both kept in touch so well. I am sorry that you have to go back to the Springs. I wish that things were working out a little bit easier for you. Sometimes it's so frustrating when we can't live where we want to. I just hope and pray that the house sells soon and you're headed to sunny AZ before too long. Glad for Garry, though. I'm sure he is missing you all like crazy! Good Luck! By the way...I check your blog every night while I am pumping. Thanks for giving me something fun to read. :)

Adri said...

I'm sorry things aren't working out how you'd planned, but I think you'll be glad to have your family all back together. And, we're excited to see you again!

I dropped Gavin's hat off last night and left it hanging on the inside of your storm door. Sorry he's been without it all summer!

Lars said...

I'm so happy you didn't have to contend with mega-cleaning and showings throughout the Summer. Looks like everyone has had a fantastic vacation and will very much appreciate cooler temps, together in CO.

McConkies said...

Heidi,

It sounds like you are peaceful about the decision to come back. It is miserable to live apart...especially when you have such a great, supportive husband like yours. I'm glad I get to see you again, and I'm so happy you've had a fun summer.

Ramona

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share