Pages

Mar 24, 2010

pb&d

This afternoon Gavin wanted a sandwich for a snack, so he brought me bread, peanut butter, and a knife when he got too frustrated with the process to complete it himself. He is two, you know, and the intricacies of spreading peanut butter are a little beyond his grasp.

I asked if he wanted jam. He said, "Hm....I want honey. No, dam. Peanut butter and dam." We looked in the freezer for the jam. "Dere it is! Dere is da dam!"

I tried to coax Gavin to say jam correctly. "Gavin, say juh-juh-juh-jam."

He said, "Ch-ch-ch-DAM!"

Excellent.

So he took his little sandwich to the table and that was that.


Two hours later, I heard some clanking in the kitchen. I was sure Gavin was downstairs...but he wasn't.


Guess he wanted another dam sandwich.

13 comments:

granny said...

I want another dam sandwich too...but I want to eat it with him! Miiissssss you all.

Reynolds Family said...

So funny-he is way too cute!

Cheeri said...

Awesome...love it :)

The Wizzle said...

Aw, what a sweetie! I'd say the second, messier one definitely qualifies as a dam sandwich.

rachbechep said...

but he's so cute heidi! you can't help but smile. :)

Grandma said...

So cute!

The Wheelers said...

I'm still giggling. Great post, Heidi!

angiedunn said...

bhahaha...dam sandwich.... I LOVE IT!!! so did myron.

Jeff and Lori said...

hahaha! Love it! Thanks for the chuckle, Heidi :)

Danielle said...

hahaha...that is hilarious! :)

Unknown said...

So funny. Andrew and I had a great laugh tonight. He's a cutie. great pictures of the wedding and snow too.

my4suns2 said...

Laughing so hard right now. That's good stuff!

Carroll Conversations said...

Ha! Thanks for the laugh. I remember my very 'proper' aunt once telling me that my ice cream cone looked like it had a dam leak. She was mortified and I couldn't stop laughing. Too cute Gavin. Enjoy the dam sandwich.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share