Pages

Mar 24, 2010

Remember when Eric got married?

When I think about my brother's wedding weekend, I might remember the arduous 15-hour trek our family took to Mesa. I might remember how we all slept in one bedroom (plus the closet), that Garry forgot his dress pants, or that our credit card was on fraud alert. I might remember the stresses of finding matching clothes and of keeping the kids out of the way during reception set-up, of feeling awkwardly fat in all the pictures, or that Lexi slept badly during our stay and cut her fourth tooth. I might remember all of those crazy things.

But what I will remember most about the weekend Eric and Jentry got married can be summed up in one fabulous word: family.

I will always remember how much I enjoyed being with Angie and Rachel and seeing our three little girls together. I am really looking forward to the day when park dates and game nights and pedicures and family dinners are a regular thing.



I think it's so cool that once upon a time these three ladies, my mom (in pink) and her sisters, once had three baby girls in the same year, and that we are the lucky second generation that will have close cousins.



I will remember the time spent with grandparents who rarely see my kids. I will remember play time and story time and dinner time with all the cousins. I will remember the way Gavin called his cousin "Little Pink Iris" every time he saw her.







I will remember laughing with my own cousins...laughing and laughing and laughing. I hope that the cousins who are thinking about moving to Arizona will actually move there! What a party we could all have together!



I will remember missing Elder Dixon, but being thrilled that he still attended the wedding festivities in spirit (and in cardboard).



I will remember the glorious day, March 19, when Eric and Jentry were sealed for time and all eternity in the Arizona Temple. I will remember holding Garry's hand during the ceremony, reminiscing about the day that we made the same sacred covenants that seal our family together forever. I will remember the sweet friend who watched our children during the sealing, and the miracle that kept Gavin in the stroller the entire time. I will remember the feelings of love that surrounded me as my family gathered on the steps of the temple. I love that I am related to all of those wonderful people!



I will remember the gorgeous reception in my mom's backyard that night. (For some fantastic pictures of the event, visit my sister's blog.) I will remember how much I laughed as we tried to pose nine kids under 9, and that for a small moment I didn't care about how I looked -- I cared about how happy Eric and Jentry were, and how glad I was there to celebrate their special day.




I might remember the long drive home, too...how we were packed together for 14 long hours, how the van became a toxic waste dump, how we just beat a giant snow storm, and how the door to the house was open when we finally arrived.



But I'm sure I'll mostly remember the love...for these four kids, my dear husband, and all the family we are blessed to call our own.

11 comments:

angiedunn said...

oh, i love. such a great recap...you got some great shots!!!! i love your family. so glad you guys got to come. thanks for making the sacrifice.

The Wizzle said...

So, so true! We appreciate your family making the (huge) effort to come. Family is where it's at!

Cassie and Chad said...

Love all of those beautiful pictures!! You have a great family!!!

rachbechep said...

so fun! loved this post! and loved being there with you! :)

maynardmoments said...

Glad you had such a fun trip, AND that you made it home before the snow storm. You made me so excited for my brother's wedding in July. Family time is so great.

Shaina said...

All those things are great things to love. Glad you got away for a bit, even if it was busy for you!
cousin time sounds like a blast. I, too, have the best cousins.

granny said...

Great overview, and great pictures. I need a CD...pretty please? I didn't take hardly any, I was just too busy. Bah!

Grandma said...

Sounds like it was the highlight of the year. Glad you had a great time.

reddladybug said...

so good to see you!

Colleen said...

Wonderful post! I am so glad you had such a fabulous time and that you are part of such an amazing family! It will be so great to be close to them all again soon!

Carroll Conversations said...

What a great family gathering! So fun to see a few pics and hear your account of the festivities. I have 2 girl cousins that are within a couple months of my age. We were known as the 3 musketeers at every family reunion. Now Shaylin has two little girl cousins within a few months of each other. The 3 musketeers live on. So cute to see all those girls in the adorable dresses. So many fun memories are in the future for that crew. =)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share