Pages

Feb 10, 2010

"When in doubt, take a bath." {Mae West}

It's been a hard day in these parts. I keep looking for the parenting handbook that will tell me how to handle a belligerent two-year-old, a bullying eight-year-old, an emotional five-year-old, and a teething eight-month-old. No one in this house ever gets enough sleep, and no one makes it through the day without breakdowns. I just don't know what to do with all of us.

At 4:00 p.m., with the three hardest hours of the day still left on the clock, I parked the littlest ones in the tub. They had a long, warm bath with kitchen implements to keep them entertained. They splashed and laughed and played, and for a few moments, some of the day's burdens were lifted from my shoulders.











Maybe I can learn a thing or two from my carefree babies!
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share