Pages

Feb 10, 2010

"When in doubt, take a bath." {Mae West}

It's been a hard day in these parts. I keep looking for the parenting handbook that will tell me how to handle a belligerent two-year-old, a bullying eight-year-old, an emotional five-year-old, and a teething eight-month-old. No one in this house ever gets enough sleep, and no one makes it through the day without breakdowns. I just don't know what to do with all of us.

At 4:00 p.m., with the three hardest hours of the day still left on the clock, I parked the littlest ones in the tub. They had a long, warm bath with kitchen implements to keep them entertained. They splashed and laughed and played, and for a few moments, some of the day's burdens were lifted from my shoulders.











Maybe I can learn a thing or two from my carefree babies!

9 comments:

LittleG said...

OK, these kids are just too cute for words! Thanks for capturing and sharing this Dear!

Adri said...

These pics are priceless! Bathtime is my solution for a grumpy baby, too. He gets at least one a day, whether he needs it or not! (Mommy ALWAYS needs it!)

The Wizzle said...

I am a big, BIG fan of the long afternoon bath. It *always* works!

And I hope (for you and me both!) that someday, maybe sooner than later, that we forget how hard the day was and just see the ADORABLE pictures and only remember the good parts.

Grandma said...

OK, they are adorable! I love Lexi's ponytail. They look like they had a blast. I love the bath myself.

Admin said...

So cute!! A bath always does the trick around here too... for me. I lock myself in the bathroom & everything is better. :)

Colleen said...

A bath always helps! Those two sure are adorable!

maynardmoments said...

I was actually telling the kids that it is bath time, right before I read this post. Funny. It seems to be the cure for a lot of us. It takes up time, and keeps the kids in the same place for a while.

Sorry you have had a rough day, but you sure got some awesome pictures!

Danielle said...

it works for adults too! although, no camera allowed. lol.

kendra said...

good advice... very cute pictures

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share