Pages

Feb 10, 2010

First grade, where art thou?

Today, Miss Lexi took a good morning nap. She went down just before 9:30 and slept and slept. Teething and earaches and crawling and standing have just ruined her sleep patterns, so I was completely thrilled for some daytime rest for that girl!

But as 11:00 approached, I started to worry. I could see that her nap would encroach on kindergarten pick-up time, so I started calling friends, hoping to find a ride home for Tyler.

I was not successful.

So at 11:15, five minutes before school ended, I woke the sleeping babe.


At 11:25, when Tyler climbed into the car, Lexi was wide awake and Gavin was asleep.


Gavin survived the transfer to bed but woke up after an hour because he was hungry for lunch. It's days like today when I need a backyard jungle so I can climb to the top of a tree and scream my lungs out.

I am not a fan of half-day kindergarten.

5 comments:

Shaina said...

So frustrating to wake up a sleeping baby. I hope first grade is pure bliss for you.

The Wizzle said...

Ugh, that is just the WORST! Next year will prove much less complicated, schedule-wise. I hope! Less naps and more school.

Colleen said...

I know just how you feel, but for me it's preschool. On the days I drive the carpool I am usually waking one child or the other to drive there as well as back and it is SO annoying. At least it's not every day for me like Kindergarten is for you. And another great reason for living close to school! Hang in there girl! Does AZ have full day?

Grandma said...

I hated that too! It's such a shame to wake them up when they are sleeping so well.

girlygirl said...

I agree! It's the worst! You work so hard to get them down and then you have to wake them up? That just stinks! :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share