Pages

Feb 24, 2010

Failure=Success

I washed the boys' sheets yesterday afternoon. As I loaded them into the washer, I thought, "I should set a timer for the length of the wash cycle so I don't get distracted and forget to dry this load."

Because my good intentions rarely translate into actions, I didn't set the timer. I got distracted with dinner and didn't dry the load. At bedtime, all of the sheets were still wet and in the washer. Once again, I cursed the fact that I don't have back-up sheets for the boys' beds. Bah!

Although I was frustrated, the boys were thrilled with the solution: sleeping bags on their beds.





And later, while Zachary was at his Cub Scout meeting, I ran to Target and bought three new sets of sheets. I'm glad my linen closet has room for a little peace of mind.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Three cheers for spare sheets! :) Welcome to my world!

maynardmoments said...

I actually just got back from Target for the same reason...sheet hunting. The boys look very happy in their sleeping bags, especially Gavin!

Shaina said...

I had a similar response, when we were setting up the crib (thanks for the loaner, by the way) and when it came time to putting a sheet on, I looked at the husband, and he looked at me, and we realized we didn't have a single crib sheet.
Something for the "to do" list.

Amanda said...

I am so glad I'm not the only person who does that! :)

Lars said...

Just heard of this site that allows you to bookmark a timer on your browser.
e.ggtimer.com

Congratulations on acquiring back-up sheets. I don't have full sets either.

The Wizzle said...

Ah, the sheet laundry! The bane of my existence. I have one backup set of twin sheets. For both big kids. It's...almost enough.

Grandma said...

I bet they slept warmer too. Cute!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share