Pages

Feb 2, 2010

A little light reading

There are lots of things in life in my life that never get done, so when I actually finish I project I feel accomplished. The only finished project in recent memory arrived via FedEx this morning.

May I present my 2009 blog book? It's the red one on the right, and I am thrilled. With 440 pages and 1140 images, it is quite the historical work. Just browsing its pages brought back
tons of memories from the last year.


It makes a nice companion to my 2008 blog book (at left), which is the first of its kind. Before I started this blog two years ago, I published a family newsletter via email for six years. All of those issues are in binders in the closet. I'm glad for that record, too, but I LOVE these hardcover books with glossy pages, gorgeous pictures, and numbered pages.

Plus, the books have my name on the binding, so I feel officially published. This will likely be my only claim to literary fame.

I'm OK with that.

15 comments:

LittleG said...

Go you!

Danielle said...

looks awesome!!! i totally love the look of the cover-need to do that with my next one. i wonder how many pages it would've been if you hadn't done small pictures....lol.

Shannon said...

Great job, Heidi! I need to get my 2009 book finished. You're on the ball to get yours done so quickly. Do you use the super-nice photo paper option?

Johnson Family said...

I just finished publishing my first blog book too.... but yours looks way, way better so I am wondering who you went through to make it? It is soooo beautiful!!!
What a great family history project. I have done the same thing and I also had a family newsletter for years before I did the blog and now I am going to try to find those letters on my computer and the matching pictures and put them in book form as well.
Thanks for sharing... so proud of you!
Christa

Carroll Conversations said...

Way to go Heidi! I'm amazed you got it done with all you have going on right now. I'm afraid to dive into that yet...but should.

maynardmoments said...

The books look great! I bet you were so happy to get that in the mail. It felt like Christmas to me when ours came. Those things take a lot of work. Congrats!

Jenny said...

I love the image-wrap covers. Beautiful! I never got around to publishing my 2008 book and this is a good reminder to get going on the 2009 one.

Emmy Z. said...

I love love love them! Way to go!

The Hadley Family said...

How exciting!!! Your children will thank you one day for recording their childhood. I so wish this had been an ooption when I was raising mine.

Shaina said...

So excited for you!! I can't wait to finish mine up...in the next few months. I have a feeling our will match weight! We are chatty friends, you and I.
Next time I'm over, bring it out! I'd love to browse through it.

Trinette McCrary said...

Awesome!

Grandma said...

It is such a treasure. Congrats for being the author! You do a fabulous job! I can't wait to see it.

Colleen said...

It looks so awesome!!!! And it makes me want to do mine, but I am so SCARED!

Anonymous said...

where do you get them done at?! They look great?!

Lyon Pride said...

Looks great. I still have a few posts I want to do before I turn it into a book. What size do you do?

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share