Pages

Nov 23, 2009

Two speeds

I have a friend who has a Gavin-type offspring who is now 17. She tells me that as a child, her girl had two speeds -- Fast and Asleep. Truer words were never spoken of my Gavin. He is either running at 100 miles an hour, wreaking havoc wherever he goes, or he is sleeping.

Lately, Gavin falls asleep at strange hours and in weird places.
This is probably because he doesn't sleep well at night. His two-year molars are breaking through, and Gavin gets up, on average, about five times a night in complete hysteria.

Gavin routinely falls asleep in his car seat if he is a passenger in the van after 9:00 a.m. I try hard to avoid morning errands, but I do have to pick up Tyler at school every day. Gavin falls asleep before we are out of the neighborhood -- every day. The time he sleeps in the car constitutes his daily nap Monday through Friday. Church happens during nap time on Sunday, so the kid is continually exhausted. (Guess who else fits that profile?)

On Saturday Garry caught a lunchtime catnap on camera.



Sleep, baby, sleep.

For a long, long time.

8 comments:

Emma said...

So cute! My boys did the same thing - falling asleep at the table that is!

Chef Jon said...

I was fully expecting to hear Garry laughing in the back ground!!! So funny! This has happened countless times at our house!:)

juliespahr said...

Weird... Chef Jon is actually Julie! Chef Jon is my Hubby!:)

Grandma said...

Cute anyway! Good luck getting some zzzz's at times.

LittleG said...

LOL! Never fear, Gavin IS strapped into his chair and can't fall out. And, I did my best not to laugh while filming, but it wasn't easy.

maynardmoments said...

That is so cute, and pretty funny too. Sometimes I feel like that at dinner time too.

Vicki said...

That footage is hilarious! It is always so funny when that happens! Hey, did you hear the Wheeler twins were born yesterday?

kendra said...

That would drive me CRAZY!! Isaac HAS to have a nap or we both go insane. OH WHAT a PAIN! If only he wouldn't wake up before 6:30 in the morning he might last through pick up time. How in the world do you survive?!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share