Pages

Jun 25, 2009

Painting pictures

My mom said it best: Garry is a painting machine.


In one Saturday and three evenings, he completed a giant project I thought would last several Saturdays. And his work is excellent. Everything looks amazing (in my opinion)! He has my sincere gratitude for this great service. The color has brightened my house -- and my heart.

Without further ado: pictures. (OK, a little more ado. To see "before" shots, check out this post, which includes a video tour of the house after we moved in last year. The first few seconds take you through the rooms Garry painted this week. Please ignore my annoying commentary!)

View from the front door.
On the blank wall above the table, we are planning a flower-photo-collage thing. The art that hung there before fell off the wall one day and shattered.

View OF the front door. And the garage door, which Garry also painted recently. You might think the brown is weird, but I absolutely love it. And Grandma Dent, that red rug is what I bought with your b-day money. :)

Another shot of the front room (it needs a name...).

The kitchen. I finally made my curtains (well, two out of three).
Just ignore the pile of paint supplies above the dishwasher...

And the room off the kitchen (also needs a name, as well as another curtain).

So there you have it.
Garry rocks.

With the completion of this painting project, we have now painted every room in the house except for the master bedroom and bathroom and the boys' bathroom.
Hmm....

15 comments:

LittleG said...

In case this didn't speak your language loudly enough....I love you too dear!

Danielle said...

WOW!!! It looks fantastic!

And as far as naming your rooms go-I do it. lol. The left front room is the 'library' and the right front room is the 'theater/movie room'...people are always thinking they're really fancy but nope. I just named them. :)

The Wizzle said...

Well, I'm biased but I think the front room is definitely the "piano room", or "music room" if you like!

The back room (behind the kitchen) I would call the family room (since what acts like your family room is in the basement.

(I feel so cool since now I know my way around your house!)

It looks awesome. I love that olive under the molding, and I can't wait to see your dining room artwork!

Reynolds Family said...

Looks awesome-I love greens and yellows!

granny said...

Thanks for the pictures. Great job, Garry.

Bethany said...

Looks great!

Dan and Katie said...

Looks so great!!!

The Hadley Family said...

Heavens! You're a busy "Bartle Bunch". I am amazed at all the projects you not only take on but actually complete. I LOVE the paint colors. Good choices. :)

juliespahr said...

Wow! That looks great!! Do you think I could borrow Garry for a weekend or two?:) I love the colors and I also love the brown door!! Great Job Garry!!

Trinette McCrary said...

Love it!!!

Rosemary T said...

Looks great. You make me want to add color to my white walls :)

Lyon Pride said...

I love the colors!

Shanell said...

it looks so fabulous! I love the green and yellow. how happy! catching up with your life with little ones is making me very glad that my baby is two. although the tantrums and emotions run high, i've got no baby in the mix. good luck! we are routing for you here!

rachbechep said...

it looks so good! i like it! garry must love you...LOTS! :)

my4suns2 said...

Looks great! I love the color scheme. Your house has a nice relaxing feel to it. Gary rocks! Dan would rather move an entire house than paint one :) (although I made him paint our whole house in Colorado when we moved in!)
Jacq

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share