Pages

Jun 15, 2009

Day One

I'm flying solo with my four today. I think I might puke.

This isn't because I'm nervous...I just think that Tyler passed on his stomach flu from the weekend. Do I have a fever? I can't tell.

Garry let me sleep in a little after Lexi woke up, since my milk supply wasn't needed just then. I floated in and out of consciousness while Garry managed breakfast. Gavin had several bouts of hysteria over random things. I'm not the only one who is off today.

When I finally got up, I went downstairs to check on Zachary and Tyler. Zach had made a sign that said, "TOYS FOR SALE --->" Next to the sign was a big pile of toys that the boys no longer want. They were planning to earn a wad of cash to buy something new and fabulous. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Then I overheard this conversation:
Z: Ewww....don't pick your nose and eat it!
T: I didn't! I picked my nose and wiped it.

The carpet cleaner guy is coming in 45 minutes. Have I showered? Nope. Is my bed made? Nope. But as I am nursing the babe and typing this one-handed, I am smiling to myself. I have a feeling this will be a day to remember!

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Hey, nursing and typing one-handed! You're speaking my language. Good luck today - I remember I was a little timid my first time doing bedtime alone with all three, but it went really well.

granny said...

hope the pukies leave you alone. ick. hope you have a memorable day on the good side of the isle.

kendra said...

why oh why are there so many stomach virus' around here? Hope you stay clear of that one. Good luck.

At least you have nice clean carpet to look forward to (as long as the bogers aren't getting wiped on the carpet!)

Grandma said...

I'm so sorry I had to leave with Tyler not feeling well and you possibly coming down with something. I hope you made it through the day O.K.

Trinette McCrary said...

I hope you are feeling better. There is never a dull moment in the life of a mother.

GinaJ said...

Congratulations on your solo! Since there was a new post today, I know you made it through.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share