Pages

Mar 2, 2008

Forgotten firsts

In the midst of my illness last week, I forgot to post two of Gavin's milestone activities: his first hair cut and his first bath in the big bath tub. First, the hair.

Gavin's crazy hair has long been a topic of conversation, but for the last month or so it's been getting long over the ears and collar and out of control on top. I resisted chopping his fine baby hair at first, but then I realized that I'd never let my big boys' hair get this long...so it was time! Even though Gavin wasn't three months old yet, it was time! Garry did the honors while Gavin sat in my lap. I am very happy with the results. (It doesn't look like he is...)


Secondly, I'm not sure what took so long for me to stop bathing Gavin in the sink and/or baby tub. Both Gavin and I are happy with the transition to the big tub. He was probably really tired of being squished into a small space, because he kicks and wiggles in the water with a big grin on his face. Sometimes I think he's going to roll over in the shallow water, but that's a self-checking process; once Gavin turns his head far enough to get water in his eyes, he rolls back the other way, sputters, and lays still for a while. It's pretty funny.

And I have no idea why I haven't taken a picture yet!

2 comments:

angiedunn said...

He's so stinkin' cute, but of course, you know that.

Sweet haircut dude. You are such a stud.

Hope y'alls are feeling MUCHOS better this week!

granny said...

OMG, what a doll! Nice H-cut, and thanks for the pics!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share