Pages

Dec 24, 2012

Christmas Eve stream of consciousness

Wow.  I can't believe I woke up at 5:00.

The house is so quiet when everyone is sleeping.

I just might finish this ridiculous sewing project on time!

Is it reasonable to cancel Christmas on Christmas Eve because the kids are fighting?

I cannot believe that our Santa gifts are locked in our friends' garage.  CANNOT BELIEVE IT.  Surely there is a way to get them out.  Surely.  And yet, all evidence points to the contrary.

Must. Have. Endorphins. Now.

Man, Kate is sleeping in this morning!  Get up, Baby!

The YMCA is totally packed today.

Sweat rings that meet in the front AND in the back mean a really good workout.

When will Kate get past her screaming phase?

I'm really embarrassed that I cannot find the foosball that goes with the table our friends are buying from us...and picking up at this very minute.

I haven't deserved a shower this much in a while.

If those kids wake the sleeping baby....

This house is really shaping up with all that slave child labor!  That's what they get for fighting.  Merry Christmas to me!

Should I admit that I'm eating Oreos in my locked closet?

It's so fun to have a friend show up at the door and bring me fantastic pumpkin bread.  And make me laugh as I'm freezing on the sidewalk.  I love her.

Laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry.

Dang.  They woke the sleeping baby.  Good-bye, troublemakers!  Into your rooms.

Is it too late to cancel Christmas?

I need a fairy godmother to magic those presents out of that garage.

These crazy kids need a diversion.

Driving around in sub-freezing weather is such a good idea.  We can all breathe again.  I think we'll get gas while we're at it.

How pathetic is it that buying gas for $2.97/gallon gives me a thrill?

I'm so glad the shortest day of the year is behind us.  This dark-at-4:30 thing is ridiculous.

Making the very last of my Christmas deliveries is so satisfying.

Hey!  Garry's home!

I guess I should have started dinner by now.

Ah...family dinner on Christmas Eve.  This lasagna is delicious.

When will Kate get past her screaming phase?

Are the gifts really...yeah, they are really.  Now stop it.

I wonder how many people can say that the shepherd in their nativity reenactment did a cartwheel and kicked Mary in the face.

Garry, just say amen.  No one is listening to the scriptures you are reading.

We are failing as parents.

But the kids' new pajamas are really cute.  And these slippers I bought myself?  Dreamy.

When will Kate get past her screaming phase?

I love the tradition of hot cocoa and candy canes on Christmas Eve.

Why do I always over-buy for stockings?  

I don't think I've ever had stockings stuffed at 9:42 p.m.

Darn it all on the locked garage....

My seventh grade home ec teacher would not approve of this sewing job.  Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

It seems ridiculous to unwrap presents on the night before Christmas, but we have to make it look like Santa Claus came.  That reminds me: I'd better ditch the cookies to make it look like Santa Claus ate them.

The kids' cards to Santa are hilarious.

I have a headache THIS BIG.

Our children are lucky ducks to have such a generous extended family.

This is the best Christmas Eve I've had in years.  

I'm so blessed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! You deserve a good night's rest.

Lars said...

Sleep well!

Mark Dixon said...

You are amazing, Heidit!

Love,

Dad

Danielle said...

merry christmas! lame on the still locked garage but it'll make for a good laugh later on. :)

Emma said...

Makes me want to laugh and cry for you! Merry Christmas! I hope you slept well

Dan and Katie said...

It so stresses me out about the locked away toys! What are you going to do with them?

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share