Pages

Dec 6, 2012

How to take the perfect family picture

We first started having annual family photo sessions when Zach was a wee babe.  That was before digital photography had taken off (oh my....I'm old), and our first family photo featured a mom with terrible skin and an infant that looked like a startled monkey.

I have learned a lot since then, so I thought I would share a few tips I have picked up along the way.

Choose great outfits and accessories.


Draw on your Facebook resources to find a quaint college campus just a few miles from home.


Have a generous friend who will take your pictures for free.



Bribe your children with the promise of ice cream.  Make sure your photographer friend has candy, too.



Keep a portable potty in the back of your van for preschooler emergencies.


Don't freak out when your son has bad aim and pees all over his pants.


Be prepared to look and sound like a total idiot while trying to get your baby to smile for the camera.


Act cheerful even when your patience is completely drained.



Make the photographer take your pictures from above so your chins disappear.


Be content with a family picture that includes at least one screaming child.  And send that photo out on your family Christmas card.

7 comments:

Grandma said...

I love them all! What great shots. You picked a great setting. I can't wait to see which one you chose, I'll have to order some. When you can, I'd like to see them all so I can choose which ones and how many I order. You look fabulous Heidi. What a gal!

Shaina said...

you all look great, especially you!!!

Shannon said...

HEIDI!!!!!! You look completely fabulous! I see you're wearing your new boots and jeans--LOVE THEM! You are rockin' it, mama!

Heidi said...

Heidi you look fantastic! What a gorgeous family!

Unknown said...

I love these pictures and I love you . I miss seeing you on Sundays and our time VTing you have such a special spirit.

Colleen said...

They look fantastic, well done! And you DO look GREAT in those skinny jeans and boots! :)

Danielle said...

you are looking smokin hot! and you're better than i am....didn't even try. i didn't think my lack of sanity could handle it.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share