Pages

Nov 6, 2012

Content to be himself

This morning Gavin came upstairs, all dressed and ready for school.  I took one look at him and had to make choice: Do I fight this or just let it go?  I chose to let it go.  Sure, the shirt was too big and the shorts clashed and there was a hole in the toe of the shoe, and he's not supposed to wear hats to school.  But he was happy, and who am I to crush his spirit?

So he went to school looking like this:


After dropping him off, Garry called me.  "Is it really picture day today?"

I think I laughed for five minutes, because it is, indeed, picture day.  And of course the class shot will display the whole crazy outfit.

Did I mention that Gavin really needs a haircut and he currently has a black eye?


I think I MUST buy school pictures this year!!

5 comments:

linda said...

He reminds me of my youngest son Nathan.. A little boy that marches to his own beat..

Melanie said...

I think maybe I need to buy one of Gavin's pictures this year! You ought to capture real life. Fantastic!

Danielle said...

hahahaha!!! oh that is funny!

Jill said...

This made me laugh. Mostly because I can totally see the same thing happen to me with a couple of my kids.

maynardmoments said...

That is so funny! It will be a classic picture for sure.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share