Pages

Nov 25, 2012

All I want for Christmas

The children made Christmas wish lists the other day.  You know, because our family can't just be grateful for abundant blessings...we have to think of more that we want.  This is the spirit of the holiday season, right? [Insert a big fat groan and copious rolling of eyes.]

Anyway.

Gavin's list is utterly fantastic, not only because he wrote it all by himself, but because of what's on his list.  Can you interpret?


Translation:
Drums
Guitar
mp3 player
My own room

Spoiled much?  We encouraged Gavin to think of some more realistic requests.  P.S. Gavin already has his own bedroom.

Zachary's list was equally outrageous, but his handwriting and spelling weren't nearly so entertaining, so I will just type it up.  He began thus:

Cell phone
Dog
X-box 360
My own b-room (I assume he's not talking about a bathroom)
iPad
Go to Mountain Ridge (a middle school)
New/fixed Wii
Contacts
$$$$$
Snowboard trip

Zach informed us that the first three items are permanently on his wish list until he receives them.  Apparently ALL of his 11-year-old friends have phones and dogs.  Zach did put some reasonable items on his wish list, and he may actually get some of them.  But he will not receive a cell phone or a dog this Christmas.


Tyler made a pretty reasonable wish list (i.e. affordable items I would allow in the house), although his included some of Zach's wishes, too.  Here are the funniest items on Tyler's list:

Hot breakfast
Pool
New bedroom
Fun

How sad is it that "hot breakfast" made the list?  And what's the deal with new bedrooms, anyway?  I'm not gonna lie--I'd love a new bedspread and fresh paint and less/different furniture in my room. But I don't think that's what these silly boys are talking about.

The girls did not make lists, although when a toy catalog came in the mail recently, Lexi circled every single girly item in the whole magazine, indicating that whatever Santa brings her will be fabulous.  I'm a little surprised at how much I enjoy shopping for little girls, being decidedly un-girly myself.

What's on my wish list?  It turns out that mine is as unreasonable as Zach's list:

World  family peace
A cook and massage therapist on retainer
12 hours of sleep every night
Calorie-free baked goods 
Having my van detailed weekly

Like Zach, those first three are permanently on my wish list.  I think I'd better focus on what I have, rather than what I want.  Then I'll never be disappointed.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

These are great to save! I am sure they will provide good laughter for years to come. We are actually considering a cell phone for our Zac. Not a smart phone, but a simple cell. It gives him the feeling that I am giving him more freedom, while what I am really doing is giving myself the ability to keep closer tabs on him. :)

GinaJ said...

I'm patting myself on the back, because I got 3 out of the 4 items on Gavin's list (guitar stumped me -- I had it pegged as TVR, similar to a DVR perhaps.)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share