Pages

Apr 23, 2012

Migration

Every spring, approximately seven gazillion Miller Moths migrate through Colorado Springs.  They like to hide in the crevices above our windows and screen doors by day and fly into our house by night.  The moths are a complete nuisance for about three weeks, and then they move on.

A rogue moth hid in Garry's car yesterday afternoon until Garry was driving down a major street in town.  Then, quite suddenly, it was dive bombing everywhere, bouncing off his glasses and the windshield.  It's pretty amazing Garry didn't crash!

After surviving that harrowing incident, Garry snapped a picture as the moths swarmed around our blossoming tree in the front yard. 



These moths are oddly fascinating creatures, but we won't be sad to see them go.

5 comments:

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

Note to self: Never live in Colorodo Springs.

When I was little, Mama told me that moths eat clothes. I didn't know she meant little bits, slowly over time. I had nightmares of moths eating my clothes off instantaneously and in front of everyone. I have been deathly afraid ever since. I now know that they won’t put me in my birthday suit at any given moment, but they still creep the crud out of me!

Grandma said...

Nauvoo has May flys that comes in by the thousands. They are there for just a short time and then they're gone or they just die all over the place. Nature does strange things at times. I'm glad Garry didn't crash.

granny said...

Creepy, creepy, creepy.

angiedunn said...

whoa.

Colleen said...

I was thinking of posting about the nasty moths too. Yuck. They can go any time.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share