Pages

Apr 10, 2012

General Conference affirmations

The spring sessions of General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have come and gone.  I always look forward to hearing messages from the prophets and apostles, and this year was no exception.  I hope we are establishing the tradition of watching each session with the kids, and that they never question their parents' commitment to this source of divine instruction.

Garry took a few pictures while we watched (via the Internet on our big-screen TV):






I took physical notes and Garry took mental notes, and after each session, the kids got jelly beans for each question they could answer.  (Sugar is always a good motivator at our house.)  Our kids were pretty unruly most of the time, so I have appreciated the talks more as I have re-listened to many of them this week.

I decided to make notes of gospel truths that I could repeat to myself on difficult days. Sometimes my health garbage gets the best of me and I get stuck in the mire of self-pity. On these days I just have to rely on my testimony of the gospel.  Nothing else makes sense!  So these are my Conference affirmations:


Trials aren't always for punishment, but for polishing.

This mountain is an opportunity.

I can climb this mountain.

I have an unshakable foundation.  I can endure.

I know that my Redeemer lives.

The Savior wants me to be fitted with him.

God's love is unfailing.

I can hold my peace.


I can allow the spirit to direct me in teaching my children.


The Savior cares about me individually.


Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my needs.


Be not afraid, only believe.


As a parent, I can show love and forgiveness.


I am devoted to my family's success.


The Lord will honor his covenants and deliver his covenant people.


Some of the sweetest spirits are housed in frail frames.

Christ has compassion on me.  He is filled with mercy.

The Savior can strengthen me and make my burdens light.

The Savior will not leave me comfortless.


I have potential and worth far beyond my capacity to imagine.

I can let go of my grievances.  That is the Lord's way.


Jesus Christ's atonement is for me.


I have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love.



I am worthy to hold a temple recommend.


I can make room in my mind and heart for the Holy Ghost.


In the kingdom of God, there are no second-class citizens.

Amen.  :)

5 comments:

angiedunn said...

awesome list! i might just print those babies up & read them as affirmations to myself, too! ♥

Melanie said...

I love your list of affirmations! There is power is affirmations...and when the source of that counsel comes from our Priesthood leaders, well, it just doesn't get better than that! You rock, Miss Heidi!

Adri said...

I noticed that Garry's 'mental notes' showed up on my facebook feed. Is his brain directly connected to the internet? Speaking of connecting,I need him to give us a 'connecting your tv to the internet' tutorial so I can cancel my directv!

Jill said...

Amen indeed. I love General Conference--it's the most wonderful time of the year.

GinaJ said...

Heidi, I seriously think you are a rock star. That is all.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share