Pages

Apr 22, 2012

Checkmate

On Saturday Zach competed in Academy District 20's annual chess tournament.  He has loved being in his school's chess club this year and was happy to earn a spot in the tournament.  I was pleased to spend the day supporting my boy.


Zach's nerves almost got the best of him before the competition began, but he ended up having a great time.  He played five chess matches.  He won two, lost two, and had one tie.



Final rankings weren't posted before we left, but after the fourth round he was 15th among fourth graders.


Last year Zach was too nervous to play in the tournament, so we are very proud of him for conquering a fear and doing his best.


Way to go, buddy!

5 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Thats great! I don't have the foggiest idea how to place chess.

Grandma said...

We're proud of our wonderful grandson. He's a winner in every way. Love you Zach!

Colleen said...

Nice job, Zach! So cool.

granny said...

Devlin tried to teach me how to play chess. I'm afraid I didn't catch on...but I sure admire those who do! Way to go, Zach. Super proud of you!

angiedunn said...

go zach!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share