Pages

Aug 31, 2011

Goodbye, Granny

Tomorrow will be a sad day.  Granny is going home.  Oh, how we will miss her!  Today on the way home from school, Zach and Tyler were expressing how much they wish she could stay.  "Just one more week?" asked Zach.  Tyler countered with, "No, a month would be better!"  They went back and forth for a while until in their minds Granny had a permanent home on the living room couch.

While I wholeheartedly agree with their assessment that life without Granny will be rather dismal, I am mostly just grateful for the ten days she has been here.  She has provided invaluable service and support during a very happy time, but also a time when we all needed some scaffolding.  Sending her off with a mere "thank you!" doesn't seem like enough, but it's all we've got.

We took a few sweet pictures in the yard this afternoon.  Gavin was grumpy and didn't want to participate, but eventually Granny convinced him to pat Kate's head. Remembering that will always make me giggle when I see this picture.


 But these two are just tender.



Thanks, Granny!  We will miss you.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Makes me weepy and I don't have to say goodbye tomorrow. Claudia, how wonderful that you've been such a big help!

angiedunn said...

aw. that was tender. and mini baby kate is just precious.com!

i heart granny. can't wait to see her.

The Wizzle said...

I'm so sorry to be stealing Granny back! I think you need her more than we do right at this moment in time. :/

Also, Baby KateNotLexi is PRECIOUS. She is totally smiling!

Grandma said...

I'm so glad you've had this time together. I know she's always a big help to you. Thanks Claudia. You're a real trooper. Have a safe trip home and enjoy your newly remodeled bathroom.

granny said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Colleen said...

I remember crying as I watched my sister leave to drive my mom up to the airport after Tommy was born. Even though we had help for three more weeks, there is nothing quite like having mom!

Amanda said...

This made me want to cry. That help is so wonderful!

Btw--your posts have helped me get through my last few weeks. I know what I've been through is minimal compared to your experience. But it really has helped me to know that you survived. :) And it helps to see these pics of yours that remind me why I'm doing this.

Rob and Marseille said...

cute pictures!

joeyship said...

Sweet, sweet pictures. Sweet, sweet Hopper!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share