Pages

Jun 25, 2010

Settling in

Well, I've been in Arizona almost a week. Zach and Tyler are having a fantastic adventure in Nevada. Garry is doing the lonely bachelor thing in Colorado. It is pretty weird for my family to be so spread out, but everyone is healthy and happy.

The pace of life in Colorado was far too frenetic, but having it all come to a screeching halt has been an adjustment for me. I'm still trying to find the right balance of activity and relaxation. A primary objective is to catch up on my sleep. Gavin and Lexi are complicating this effort. Apparently adapting to our new surroundings and routine has been a challenge!

For all the crazy things Gavin is and does, I have been able to count on the calm of an afternoon nap and an early bedtime. We are struggling on both counts here. He requires my presence until he falls asleep (which sometimes takes 30-60 minutes) and wakes up 3-6 times at night. He has also had almost no appetite since we arrived. Gavin usually eats with gusto, but he is barely picking at meals and rarely snacks. It's the weirdest thing! He is definitely dragging from the sleep deprivation.

Lexi has suddenly become fickle about nursing. We are down to just a few feedings per day, but Lexi can't decide if she'd like to keep them or not. For a couple of days she refused nursing all day....and then just HAD to nurse during the night. I'm not a big fan of this plan! We are still working things out. Garry mailed her "sleep sheep" sound machine (which we forgot in the melee of a hasty departure) and that helped a LOT last night. Hopefully good things will come!

The Littles have played in the backyard kiddie pool and in Granny's fun toy room. We have done some errands together and joined some cousins for lunch. We spent an afternoon at Melanie's house. I went to the chiropractor for headache relief (success!) and helped with some yard work. All in all, this new life is pretty low-key.

My awesome brother, David, is fixing my computer, which completely died the day after we arrived. I am very grateful for his efforts. I'm sure my mom and sister will be glad when I get my computer back so I stop mooching from them for my various Internet fixes! Perhaps when it is functional again I can offer a more interesting post...with pictures!

1 comment:

The Wizzle said...

I'm SO glad to hear the chiropractor was able to help your headache! Now if you can just get the sleep thing sorted out...whew. David is almost done with your computer, I think. I would be going crazy without that!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share