Pages

Jun 13, 2010

My girls

I have been richly blessed to know wonderful women in Colorado Springs. Almost immediately this place felt like home, due in no small part to the friends I made so quickly. Shortly after we arrived there was a large influx of young families in our ward. Some have come and gone already, and some of us will leave within the next few months. I am so grateful for their friendship and examples in my life! On Saturday a few of us gathered for a delightful lunch and conversation.

L-R: Jen, Adri, Traci, Margaret, Shaina, Becky, Colleen, Ashley

I am reminded of one of my favorite friendship quotes by C.S. Lewis:

"In friendship…we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our birth, a few more miles between certain houses, a choice of one university instead of another... the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting - any of these chances might have kept us apart.

But for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking, no chances.

A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, “You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,” can truly be say to every group of Christian friends, “You have not chosen one another, but I have chosen you for one another.”

The friendship is not a reward for our discrimination and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each the beauty of others."

Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share