Pages

Dec 4, 2008

Looking like Christmas -- or at least white.

Still no sign of my brain, but I'm trying to function without it.

Colorado Springs is a winter wonderland, folks. The temperature at the moment: 14 degrees. For the second time this week, it has snowed all day. I have to admit, the snow is quite beautiful. And the kids had a blast in it on Monday. I predict this afternoon will bring more adventures of the snowy sort.


Meanwhile, I've been wrapping my head around Christmas. The house is mostly decorated, though we still lack a tree and outdoor lights (Garry's planning on these Saturday Christmas tasks). We have a yummy-smelling Wallflower reminding us of holiday cider, and we've been playing a festive radio station a lot around here. Also, I got in gear and tackled the shopping lists. Armed with my trusty spreadsheet (Is there a better way to keep track of gift items and expenses? OK, I'm a nerd.), I hit several stores last night and ordered the rest online this morning. Ah, I love the internet.

That other Christmas thing in my life -- the church party coming up next Saturday -- is also looming, but things are pretty much under control. I'm counting on a few Thursday night TV shows to get me through the menial task of making service stars and tying crayon bundles. And I'm counting on clear-ish roads to allow for some last-minute shopping next week. And I'm counting on my committee (and others I have roped into the cause) to come through with their food and music and decoration assignments! I'm sure they will. Things always work out, right?

7 comments:

LittleG said...

You're doing a phenomonial job of keeping up with everything! We all (myself especially) appreciate everything you do for us. I love you! - g

granny said...

You are awesome.com. Take care.

Lars said...

Have they been curious about the powdery snow instead of the sticky kind?

Snow is beautiful, it's just hard to get anything done when the kids need to be bundled, unbundled and warmed up. Congratulations on your Christmas shopping.

Jenny said...

I too am nerd-like with my Excel spreadsheets and hyper-gift-giving-organization. Makes me happy.
So, which Thursday night shows will you be watching?

Colleen said...

It will all come together beautifully, Heidi, and if it doesn't no one will ever know! It is going to be a great night...and 14 degrees today, now even I didn't like that too much!

maynardmoments said...

I'm glad to see you are coming to terms with the snow. ;)
The pictures were really cute.

granny said...

I just came back to the blog to suggest you use that pic for your Christmas cards, and lo and behold, you changed it. didn't you? Or am I crazy?

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share