Pages

Dec 19, 2008

The first annual cookie fest

Last night I hosted what was (I hope) the first of many holiday cookie exchanges. Colleen, a good friend, and I concocted the plan about a month ago, having enjoyed similar parties in our former lives/homes. It was a great evening with food and friends!

The dining table was filled-to-bursting with all sorts of holiday treats.

Another shot of the delectable feast.

Some of the fun-and-fabulous guests: Margaret, Katie, Lydia, Brenda (and Lydia's baby, Joseph)

Becky, Colleen, Kendra, Jennifer

Evonne, Marcia, Trinette, Shaina

I went last in the Yankee-swap-style ornament exchange. Sorry for stealing, Colleen! (Just kidding, I'm not.)
The aftermath: we got to keep a few extra goodies, but the table's a little sparse!

And the once-full house is pretty empty and cold.

But here's the happiest dishwasher load I've done all week. It has evidence of baking yummy stuff and serving 16 cups of delicious white hot chocolate!

Speaking of that amazing stuff, here's the recipe, courtesy of Allrecipes.com:

  • 2 cups whipping cream
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
  • Garnish:
  • Whipped cream
  • Candy canes
  1. Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and white chocolate chips in a slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and candy canes, as desired.

10 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Wow, how fun! Looks like a very nice way to break in a new house. :)

granny said...

So did the killer brownies work out? Looks like a good time was had by all. You are the original social butterfly!

Lyon Pride said...

Sounds Fun! I'm amazed how fast you get things posted on your blog.

Shaina said...

It was a great evening! Lots of talking and laughing...and I'm so glad Trinette didn't steal the bell ornament from me! Although, you should tell me where you got it. She really wanted it.

m = michelle said...

man, like i'm not already starving!!! I'm gonna have to his Paradise and hook myself up with a cookie and make believe I was part of the delicious exhange :)

Colleen said...

it was a fun night! definitely the first of many...and ug, i don't think i wanted to know about the ingredients in the hot cocoa! it was so good thinking it was made with non-fat milk and healthy, vitamin-enriched white chocolate. no? i guess not.

kendra said...

You are a great party-planner! I had a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting. And thanks for everything. It was great! The hot chocolate was yummy and the candy canes were cool too - They were kind of soft or something - not the generic Santa Clause cany cane. Loved it. Thanks again.

The Hadley Family said...

Heidi- YOU make EVERYTHING fun! I so love reading your blog. Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

Grandma said...

What a fun idea. I'm glad you're making so many friends. It sounded like good old fashioned fun.

Carroll Conversations said...

Way to go girl! Starting a new tradition and spending time with new friends. Sounds like fun. Wish I could have popped in.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share