Pages

Dec 20, 2008

Heading north

It only took us six months to get there, but Garry and I finally took a trip to the Denver Temple last night. Our session was small and absolutely lovely.

I had an interesting juxtaposition of feelings. On the one hand, I was surprised that attending the temple made me incredibly homesick for Beaverton. Temple work is not about socialization, but it seems I nearly always went with friends, and last night I missed them. (I did smile when I found a wad of Kleenex in my dress pocket...Angie L. was always prepared for my emotions when I wasn't! I also remembered the ward temple night when Naomi N. and I sat next to each other with our giant pregnant bellies last November.)

On the other hand, I was also very peaceful knowing that wherever I am in the world and whatever temple I attend, the knowledge imparted and the service rendered and the spirit felt are exactly the same. It won't be six months before we go back.

Here are a few pictures from our evening (since I'm still a tourist in my own state):




Part of our trip to Denver included picking up/purchasing four water storage barrels. I guess the motto of the evening was "be prepared..." Garry and I also enjoyed a scrumptious dinner at Chili's after going to the temple, courtesy of a lovely gift card given to Garry at the end of his soccer coaching stint in October!


And to top it all off, we came home to this:




...plus a spotless house, clean-and-put-away dishes, and a good report from the babysitter. Not a bad Friday night!

9 comments:

granny said...

I'd say that was an AWESOME Friday night. Glad for you.

Jenny said...

Where did you find the water barrels? For some reason that escapes me, we left ours behind in Mississippi. No idea why.

Colleen said...

What a great date night! I am so glad you guys had the chance to go. You will have to come with us next ladies night out at the temple in Jan! I will try to remember Kleenex!

Shaina said...

I love going to the temple with friends and family. When I'm with my sisters, we always get shushed by the workers. Guess we are just too full of love and happiness to stop giggling.

Your babysitter rocks! wanna share?

Also, where DID you get the water barrels? We only have one.

m = michelle said...

I know this post is mostly about your temple visit but I had to comment about the sleeping boy. My littlest still sleeps with her face jammed into the corner of the crib. It always cracks me up. (and yes, at 3 1/2 she's still in her crib. But she can get in and out on her own so it's more like a small bed LOL)

The Wizzle said...

That sounds like a fabulous Friday! I loved all the sleeping kiddos.

Grandma said...

Looks like you're preparing in every way. Great date!

kendra said...

Okay - I need to know who your babysitter was!! Seriously, that babysitter was money well spent. Peacful boys and a spotless house. Awesome. I still haven't been to the temple here. Also, where'd you get your water jugs?

Carroll Conversations said...

Wow, a babysitter who not only cares for the kids, but puts them to bed AND cleans the house. It must be a rare breed there in Colorado. It definitely seems to be becoming a lost service.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share