Pages

Dec 20, 2008

Heading north

It only took us six months to get there, but Garry and I finally took a trip to the Denver Temple last night. Our session was small and absolutely lovely.

I had an interesting juxtaposition of feelings. On the one hand, I was surprised that attending the temple made me incredibly homesick for Beaverton. Temple work is not about socialization, but it seems I nearly always went with friends, and last night I missed them. (I did smile when I found a wad of Kleenex in my dress pocket...Angie L. was always prepared for my emotions when I wasn't! I also remembered the ward temple night when Naomi N. and I sat next to each other with our giant pregnant bellies last November.)

On the other hand, I was also very peaceful knowing that wherever I am in the world and whatever temple I attend, the knowledge imparted and the service rendered and the spirit felt are exactly the same. It won't be six months before we go back.

Here are a few pictures from our evening (since I'm still a tourist in my own state):




Part of our trip to Denver included picking up/purchasing four water storage barrels. I guess the motto of the evening was "be prepared..." Garry and I also enjoyed a scrumptious dinner at Chili's after going to the temple, courtesy of a lovely gift card given to Garry at the end of his soccer coaching stint in October!


And to top it all off, we came home to this:




...plus a spotless house, clean-and-put-away dishes, and a good report from the babysitter. Not a bad Friday night!
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share