Pages

Aug 15, 2008

Hungry?

I tried a new salad recipe tonight and it was super yummy. If you're thinking that salad=healthy, this won't be for you, but if you want a fun dish to impress your girlfriends (and your taste buds), try the Winter Salad I found here. {Just a note: I used bagged romaine, dehydrated onions, and olive oil instead of raw sweet onion and canola oil because that's what I had on hand.}

The cooking website that offers the recipe also brought Chicken Lo Mein into my life. Ah, I love this stuff! I use the light version {and twice as much} of the dressing called for in the recipe. And the recipe author is right; don't skip the cilantro!

I realize this post makes me sound all adventurous in the kitchen. I am SO not adventurous in the kitchen. I hate cooking, but I hate being in a meal-planning rut even more. Do any of you have great sources for new recipes, or are you willing to share something that your family really loves? I need some inspiration and would love your input. The comments box can fit a whole recipe, you know!

4 comments:

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I, too, am in a planning rut. I'm taking a day next week to plan a 6-week menu--so hopefully, that will make it easier.

One of my kids' favorite dinners lately is breakfast for dinner. I make waffles or pancakes, bacon or sausage, and usually some eggs. Since we don't even make stuff like that on the weekends, my girls think it's great!

Oh--and I just remembered--the other day, I saw www.simplifysupper.com on TV. It's a free site that has menus, recipes, and shopping lists for a month at a time. And, you swap out recipes as needed. Hope that helps!

Em said...

I love Kraftfoods.com and I have a recipe blog that I contribute to:
http://bonappetit28.blogspot.com/
I hope these help.

P.s I'm a friend of Angie's and am on the In Shape blog!

joeyship said...

Someone beat me to the punch. But here's another plug for kraftfoods.com!!!! Try the Simply Lasagna (I think that's the name.) They have great grilling ideas, too. You can find practically any recipe there, and the recipes are subject to review from the likes of us!!!! I'd highly recommend it.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share