Pages

Jan 27, 2014

Joy

Last September, my neighbor, Jennifer, and I were talking in my driveway.  Somehow the fact that I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came up in conversation.  She said, "Technically, I'm a Mormon, too!" Immediately we had a common bond.  A few days later she accepted my invitation to attend the General Relief Society Meeting broadcast at the stake center, and the next day her husband and two daughters came to church with us for the first time.

Since that time, the Beverage family has come to church regularly. They have been taking lessons from the missionaries, and a few weeks ago, the girls decided that they wanted to be baptized!  Watching Steven, Jennifer, Emily, and Edynn grow in the gospel has been a joyous experience for me.  Last night, I had the opportunity to speak during the baptismal service.  Those few moments were sweet for me, as well.  Garry was involved, too; he baptized Edynn.

Here are some pictures from the baptism last night.

The Beverage family with Elder Kesterson (yellow tie) and Elder Evans (blue tie).  


Garry, the missionaries, Emily (13), and Edynn (8).


Edynn and Emily.


Edynn with some of her classmates from church.


Emily with some of the Young Women.


The Beverage family and me.


There's a scripture in Section 18 of Doctrine and Covenants that has been on my mind the last few weeks.  It reads: "Remember the worth of souls in great in the sight of God....And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!  And now if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" 

I also can't help but think of our friends, Danny and Annie, who were baptized a few years ago. Sharing the gospel truly brings joy.

No comments:

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share