I learned a new word today: Liebster. It's German for "favorite." I also learned about the Liebster Blog Award, which gets passed from one blogger to another as a way of saying, "I love your blog! Keep it up!" My fun sister-in-law, Rachel, nominated me (and ten of her other blogging friends), and I have decided to join the fun. Here are my tasks:
1. Post 11 random things about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions my nominator set for me.
3. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (no tag-backs).
5. Go to each of their blogs to tell them about their nominations.
So, because I think it's cool to pat friends on the back and say "I think you're great!" I will complete my requirements.
1. I'm boring.
2. I am saving, saving, saving to send Gavin to full-day kindergarten in the fall.
3. My feet have shrunk by half a size in recent months.
4. I belong to a book club and almost never read the books, but I always go to the discussions for the food and the talk time. This month, though, I'm loving Killing Lincoln. Great pick, Ashley.
5. I can't decide if my favorite candy is Swedish Fish or Peanut M&Ms. I might need a five-pound bag of each to make a proper assessment.
6. My inner neat-freak is totally appalled at the constant chaos that marks my existence.
7. I love to play the piano, and I am pretty good at it, but I couldn't tell you the key a song is written in. Ellen Christensen might smack my knuckles with a ruler if she knew that.
8. My favorite Disney movie is Finding Nemo. That might be my favorite movie in general.
9. I believe in miracles.
10. My husband brought me roses today.
11. I cooked dinner last night for the first time in probably two weeks, and Tyler and I had to eat it in the car.
1. Where would you live, if you could live anywhere? Right here. Except I'd love a bigger bathroom.
2. What is your favorite book or poem? We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen.
3. What is your favorite movie? You've Got Mail. Always and forever. I'm a simple girl.
4. Who would play you in a movie adaptation of your life? She's not an actress, but I'd love for the witty, intelligent, and sometimes irreverent Brene' Brown to take a whack at it, just because I love her (but not in the creepy celebrity-stalker kind of way). If she's not available, then I'd like to commission one of the grumpy grandmas at the grocery store who constantly tell me I could be doing it better.
5. Do you think you are like your parents? Why or why not? I think I have inherited some of my parents' best qualities, like my mom's compassion and my dad's internal drive. I'm organized and methodical and love words like my dad. I love music and flowers and pedicures like my mom. I'd be honored if anyone thought I was like my parents.
6. What is your biggest strength? Your biggest weakness? Ask my therapist.
7. Form or function? Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Function.
8. Are the Beatles overrated? Explain yourself. Yes, because all popular music is overrated. And yes, I'm ducking for cover.
9. Are you always hot or always cold? Mostly on the hot side, but the other day when it was 20 outside and only 63 inside, I was definitely cold.
10. What is your favorite "naughty" food? ICE.CREAM.
11. Do you like answering questions about yourself? Explain. Because I got to this point, I guess I do.
Are you bored yet? Because reading about a boring person can be rather dull.
The 11 lovely bloggers I choose to nominate as favorites are (in no particular order, and not because I don't love each and every stinkin' one of you, even if I don't know who you are, but if I don't know who you are, feel free to introduce yourself, and sorry that the last one is a private blog):
Kerri at Love Always
Natalie at Where I Am
Amanda at Musings of a Mommy
Jill at Predilections
Katie at KaTroy
Becky at Gleaning Joy
Danielle at Forever Young
Ashley at Write Now
Angie at Think Happy
JenSueWild at Life as a Wilderness
Colleen at Conlin Chaos
Blogging friends, don't feel like you have to do a big old post like this to accept your Liebster Award. Just post the picture and know that I love ya! If you'd like, it would be fun for me to read your random facts and see your answers to my silly questions, which are:
1. When was the last time you brushed your teeth?
2. How many days per week do you make your bed?
3. What does the last text you received say?
4. If you could do anything you wanted for a day, what would that be?
5. Are most of your friends real or virtual?
6. With how many adults have you spoken in person today?
7. What did you have for lunch (or your last meal) today?
8. If you could go to lunch with anyone, with whom would you dine?
9. Are you hungry yet? Or craving grown-up conversation?
10. If your toenails are painted, what color are they?
11. What's your favorite Gavin story?