Pages

Jan 5, 2013

Ballerina for a day

Lexi is a dancer at heart. She prances and she spins and she leaps and she twirls. Recently I have been pondering dance lessons for her. A friend told me about a local lady who teaches ballet out of her home. While the teacher doesn't have any open spots available in her weekly class, she did have space for Lexi in a dance camp this week. To say that Lexi was thrilled is a huge understatement. She kept saying, "I'm so exciting to go to ballet!" I love her consistent grammatical error.


When it was time to drop off my little girl, Lexi ran into class without a backward glance. Her sparkly tutu only added to her excitement exciting. I returned at the end of class to watch her performance. It didn't disappoint.




As we were leaving ballet camp, Lexi's teacher pulled me aside. She said Lexi is a born dancer. She has the perfect build, followed every instruction beautifully, and was clearly thrilled to dance during class. The teacher said she hopes to have a spot for Lexi very soon.

That would be great news for my budding ballerina.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That would be terrific! She's so cute.

Unknown said...

That would be terrific! She's so cute.

Colleen said...

The joys of girls! SO cute!!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share