Pages

Jan 11, 2013

Just go to bed!

We have an extra preschooler at our house this weekend.  Gavin and Lexi were soooooo excited to have Katie (4) come to stay with us for a few days.  It sounded like a super long play date, after all, with lots of play time, eating meals together, and even sleeping in the same room!  Yes!

In fact, Lexi and Katie were so excited about the bedroom arrangements that they put on their pajamas at 3:00 this afternoon. They could NOT WAIT, and they kept asking when they could go to bed. Finally, at 6:00, I told them to brush their teeth and go to bed. Garry had blown up a twin-size air mattress for Katie to sleep on.  It sounded like a good plan.  I hoped for the best, but planned on a pretty crazy bed time.  

This is how it went down:

6:15 p.m.
K: Let me help you with the toothpaste.
L: It won't come out!
K: Let's add water.
L: Look!  It's working!
K: But there's a big mushy spot of it on your pajamas.

6:35 p.m.
G: We're all going to sleep on the air mattress.
H: All of you?  How will you fit?
G: We'll put our pillows on the long side and let our feet hang off.
H: Can I at least put a sheet on the bed?

6:45 p.m.
H: OK. This is NOT working.  Katie, where do you want to sleep?
K: The top bunk.
L: BUT I WANT TO SLEEP WITH KATIE!
H: Well, you can't.  Which bed do you want?
L: {huge sigh of resignation} The bed on the floor.
G: BUT I WANT TO SLEEP ON THE TOP BUNK!
H: Well, tonight you get the bottom bunk.

6:50 p.m.
H: OK. Lights out.  I'll sing you some songs.  Lalalalalala....

7:15 p.m.
L: I'm thirsty.
K: I'm thirsty.
G: I'm thirsty.
H: If you're quiet for ten minutes, I'll get each of you a drink.
G: Ten minutes is toooooo loooooong.  How about four?
H: Ten. Shhhh....
{crying}

7:20 p.m.
H: Fine.

7:30 p.m.
G: I need to go potty.

7:40 p.m.
G: Can you do joint compressions?
K: We forgot to say prayers!  I'm first!  ...and bless Jesus to keep away the evil monsters...
L: I want joint compressions, too.
H: After prayers.  Your turn, Lexi.
L: ...and bless that we can have a good dinner tomorrow...
G: ...and bless that Mom can give me joint compressions...

7:45 p.m.
H: I'm going to rub your backs now, but you have to be quiet.
L: But my legs itch.
K: I miss my mommy.
G: Will you cuddle with me?

7:50 p.m.
G: Zzzzz....
L: Zzzzz....
K: Zzzzz....
H: When can I go to bed?

1 comment:

angiedunn said...

bless your soul. "JUST GO TO BED!"

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share