Pages

Dec 31, 2011

The next ten years

I tend to be pretty nostalgic on New Year's Eve as I contemplate the closing year and the new one opening before me.  This particular Eve is especially full of memories, since ten years ago today, Garry and I started our post-college life in a little apartment in Beaverton, Oregon.  We moved in at the end one of the wettest Decembers on record with a two-month-old baby, two degrees but no job for Garry, and not a friend in the state.  The next week, The Bartle Bulletin, then a weekly email newsletter designed to keep in touch with faraway friends and family, was born.



I always make New Year's resolutions, and this year will be no different.  Although I try to focus on improving the here and now, my recollections about the past make me think a little further into my future than the next 12 months.  As I consider all of the marvelous things that began in January 2002--parenthood, Garry's career, the beautiful Oregon segment of our life, and a detailed family history, to name a few--I can't help but wonder what the next ten years will hold.


This New Year definitely feels like turning the page into a new chapter of my family's life.
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share