Pages

Dec 11, 2011

family

I spent some time on Thursday hanging our latest family pictures on the wall.  Since moving here 3 1/2 years ago, our formal family photos have always been downstairs, but I decided I'd like them in a more public living space.  So after arranging frames and letters on the rug, I hammered about a million holes into the wall and eventually ended up with this.



I think it will make me smile every day.

Last week as I pondered my mortality, I achieved a certain clarity that only seems to come to me in a crisis.  I understood more than ever the importance of faith and family.  Less meaningful things like holiday shopping, festive parties, the ironing pile, and my waistline slipped into oblivion as I thought about how much I love my children and how grateful I am for my Savior.  I realized that I need to cherish holding my baby, to enjoy reading books to my preschoolers, and to take every opportunity to hug and encourage and praise my older boys.  I need to hold Garry's hand and express my appreciation to him.  I need to spend more time in the scriptures and make my prayers more meaningful.  I need to get to the temple again.  These are the things that matter most.

Since receiving the amazingly good news that I am tumor-free, I have tried to hold onto the gratitude, peace, and complete joy that settled upon me.  It's like an orb of light in my chest.  I hope I can always keep my priorities in line.  The view from this perspective is amazing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that image - "an orb of light". <3 <3 <3 Still so happy for you!

Colleen said...

The wall looks great! Wonderful reflections.

granny said...

Love your wall arrangement, and you, and your orb of light, and all those peeps you live with. Hang on.

kendra said...

I can relate! I hope you feel better soon! I hope you can hold onto that "orb of light" always! It's a great way to describe it

Anonymous said...

I love the arrangement of family pics. It looks fabulous! Beautiful Bartles... <3

Grandma said...

Great wall. You indeed are very blessed. Hang on to those thoughts!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share