Pages

Dec 7, 2011

O Christmas Tree

I love our Christmas tree this year, and of course the kids who decorated it.


Last night as we finally opened the boxes of ornaments, I stood back and basked in the kids' happiness.  They were delighted to rediscover hand-crafted baubles of years past, "First Christmas" photos, gold and glittery ornaments from Great Grandmothers, and unique emblems symbolizing events from their lives.  As the tree filled up with family memories, I snapped a few photos and made memories of my own.

2011 has been quite a year for our family and adventures are surely on the horizon. Today I have renewed gratitude for happy, healthy children; a supportive and adoring husband; my faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ; and family traditions that bind us all together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3 <3 <3

I love our mishmash tree too. So many memories!

Jill said...

Hooray for memories of Christmases past and hope for years to come. Reading your post made me grateful. I quite like our tree too now that it is behaving and standing up properly. :)

granny said...

This just made me happy. I love Christmas trees. Especially all lit up with all the lights out. So peaceful.

Colleen said...

Amen! One of the best parts of the Christmas season is decorating the tree isn't it? :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share