Pages

Jan 21, 2011

While the cat's away....

Today Garry left for work before breakfast and I had to be ready to leave by 8:45. That meant I had to shower before taking the kids to school.

I always wonder what disaster awaits when I get out of the shower. Four kids "alone" in the house, left to their own devices for ten minutes....that's usually a recipe for disaster. I gave Zach and Tyler very specific instructions: (1) get dressed (no shorts!); (2) get backpacks ready; and (3) keep an eye on Gavin and Lexi.

When I emerged from my bedroom five minutes before school departure time, the boys were dressed in shorts and t-shirts (current temperature: 22 degrees), Zach couldn't find a shoe, and Tyler's homework was missing. The boys still got to school on time, but their departure wasn't a smooth process.

Then, a few minutes ago, I downloaded photos from my camera. I was expecting about 10. There were 66. What follows is a selection of photos taken by Gavin this morning while I was in the shower. With a three-year-old snap-happy brother following them around, no wonder Zach and Ty had trouble staying on task!

This photo documents the time, and also the fact that a Ziploc bag of medicine has been sitting on the top of the corner cabinet since, oh, September.



There were at least a dozen shots of the front room blinds:



Lexi was still in her pajamas, and rather aromatic to boot:



Proof that Gavin was there, too:



And so were his siblings:



Zach shows off his new sock (also known as missing shoe) and bare legs:



Who knows whose nose?



Tyler is a ham for the camera...and also kind of weird:



This is what the boys think of Mom's rules during shower time:



8 comments:

The Wizzle said...

This is HILARIOUS.

Lisa Romer Keele said...

Kids are the best!

maynardmoments said...

That is pretty funny! I am glad nothing worse happened.

Lisa Hutchings said...

LOVE it! Thanks for a good laugh!

Colleen said...

I actually love seeing the pictures the kids take! They are always so funny and it's interesting to see the world through their eyes. And your camera still functions after some time in the three-year-old's hands so that is a total plus!

granny said...

who knows whose nose? Hahaha.

Admin said...

Hehe, this pictures crack me up! :)

rachbechep said...

i love this cause it's soooo the perspective from a kid! so cute.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share