Pages

Jan 10, 2011

Driveway deal

This afternoon I offered Zach five bucks to shovel the driveway. He was thrilled.

I laughed when he went out in the ten-degree weather
in a light jacket, shorts, and snow boots.

That lasted about two minutes.

Once properly attired, he set to work again.



Zach quickly learned that if the driveway doesn't get shoveled before cars drive on it, "shoveling" actually means "scraping." Scraping is a lot more work.



Zach actually admitted to getting cold during the process.
He started around 4:30, and the sun sets around 5:30.
By the time he finished, the temperature was about 5 degrees.



Hopefully Zach and I can strike a deal with the driveway chore this winter.
I'm really sick of shoveling.
Passing the buck (or five bucks, in this case) seems like a great idea.

7 comments:

angiedunn said...

brr. i just put socks on because this post made me cold.

Reynolds Family said...

Love child labor...my girls will do just about anything for a couple of dollars. And they learn to work in the process:)

Johnson Family said...

I just caught up on all your lasts few posts.... you are simply amazing!!! As are your kids!
yea for the book or mormon reading, yea for tubes, yea for no stitches...yea for a lot of things!!!
Just love your blog!
Christa

granny said...

Oh, that is cold. And I think that $5 was VERY well spent.

rachbechep said...

i SO do not miss that. :)
at all. not even a little bit.
haha. glad zach does! :)

Grandma said...

Way to go Zach! Glad you got your coat and long pants on. You are a tough cookie and a warm bodied boy:)

Shaina said...

I think its wonderful to teach the value of work. Good for him for sticking with it.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share