Pages

Jan 13, 2011

This picture makes me happy




Lexi has had a rough week. She threw up a dozen times between Sunday and Tuesday. With the accompanying diarrhea, the girl who doesn't have a calorie to spare became quickly dehydrated, lethargic, and listless. I was worried enough for her welfare that I took her to the doctor on Tuesday. The doctor took one look at her and said that if she didn't dramatically improve by Wednesday morning, Lexi would have to receive IV fluids in the hospital.

So....when Lexi climbed on the table and ate dry cereal straight from the bag Wednesday morning, I was completely thrilled! Since then she has been eating ravenously and drinking prodigiously. I couldn't be happier to have my little girl back.

It's also very helpful to have one less upset stomach in the household. Between Lexi's incessant vomiting and my own, Lexi's newest word is PUKE!

5 comments:

granny said...

So glad to hear she is doing better! Give our tiny one hugs from Granny.

Colleen said...

I'm glad Lexi is on the mend! When the little ones get so sick it's kind of scary. Plus, a barfing child can't be good for a queasy mommy tummy.

The Wizzle said...

Yes, at least that clears up one barfing Bartle! It's so good to see them back to their usual wild selves, isn't it? So glad she's on the mend.

maynardmoments said...

Ugh, poor little Lexi, and poor mommy. So glad she isn't in the hospital, and hope you get better fast.

Grandma said...

So glad she's hungry and eating. She sounded so sick Tuesday. I'm so glad she's on the mend. Now if you can just get settled down too that would be nice.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share