Pages

Dec 1, 2009

Watching the clock

Doesn't this picture make you smile?


It would if it was a picture of your childhood home.
It is mine, and I am smiling...
...because tomorrow night I will be there.

Tomorrow night
{and for the rest of the weekend}
I will enjoy
the delightful company of some of my favorite people
on this earth.

We will laugh and shop and eat
and probably not sleep enough
{but definitely sleep in}
and just enjoy each other.

Enjoy.

I hope to eat some Arizona oranges
and find a fancy dress with Holly
and check out Eric's new digs
and make some baby headbands
and see some high school friends
{friday. freestone. noon. you know you want to come.}
and bask in the glorious winter weather
while Colorado freezes.

The last couple of months
{years?}
have been....
hard.

And I am really, really, really
looking forward to a weekend of
refreshment and renewal and rejuvenation.

While I am gone,
the boys will be in good {Daddy} hands.
They won't miss me a bit.

Just 24 hours to go.

I can't wait!

11 comments:

Grandma said...

What a beautiful home with such green grass. I know you need this time with your family. I hope you have so much fun and really get rejuvenated and refreshed. Have a great time!

The Wizzle said...

Well, I probably won't get to play with you girls late into the night, but I'm looking forward to whatever I can get in on!

granny said...

Your room is ready. Hope you don't mind sharing it with all the toys from your childhood. hahahahahaha

LittleG said...

Maybe the little boys won't miss you too much, but there's one big boy that sure will. Be safe, have fun, and come back soon (but relax and don't worry about us).

Love you a million zillion!!!

g

maynardmoments said...

Oh man...even the thought of going home is a happy thought. I hope you have a great time Heidi! Live it up. I will make a snowman for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see you! I love that home on El Moro, too!

joeyship said...

Enjoy your trip. It is SO deserved.

Colleen said...

Enjoy!!! You certainly deserve this!

Vicki said...

It's nice to get a break every so often, enjoy it!

juliespahr said...

It makes me smile!!! Lots of fun times in that house!:) It was SOOOO GREAT seeing you and so many others on Friday! I love that its been probably 4 or more years since we've seen eachother.... but we just pick up where we left off. Thats a true friend! Love ya Heidi!:) Lets do it again next time your here!!!:)

Cassie and Chad said...

Oh seeing your home makes me miss mine...Oh the memories!! Glad you had a great time!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share