Pages

Dec 17, 2009

Seven months

It's hard to believe that seven months have passed since Lexi's birth. She is a joyful addition to our family.


Here some of my favorite things about this girl right now:
  • The way she crinkles her nose when she smiles
  • The way she kicks her legs with gusto when she is happy to see me
  • The way she smiles with her whole body
  • The way she grabs a fistful of my hair when we walk around
  • The way she isn't crawling yet
Developmentally, Lexi is basically following the pattern of her older brothers. She is very, very wiggly. She is interested in everything -- toys, books, paper, spoons, and anything she can get her hands on. She's a very sturdy sitter, but sometimes falls over on purpose when something far away catches her eye. Lexi is working on an army crawl and can spin and roll in any direction. She can really move! I am thrilled that she isn't crawling yet. The boys were all crawling by seven months, but I am quite content to delay this rite of passage for a while!

At a checkup just yesterday, Lexi weighed a mere 15 pounds, 5 ounces. Her petite frame is partly due to her lack of interest in solid foods. She will sometimes entertain a few bites of vegetables or rice cereal and a couple times a week will suck on a biter biscuit, but for the most part she's still a Mama's-milk-or-bust kind of girl. She is still waking a lot in the night, which is driving me crazy! Two months of sleeping through the night sure spoiled me, and I'm hesitant to make her cry it out when she's so tiny. Does she need the nighttime calories? I don't know!

She currently has a cold and sore throat. She got shots yesterday and seems to be unwell after enduring multiple rounds of my antibiotics. It's been a sad week for Lexi, but we look forward to brighter days ahead.


Lexi adores the boys and her Daddy. Her face lights up when they walk into the room. She endures Gavin's occasional abuse with relative ease. I look forward to those two being good friends.

This is a season of firsts for Lexi. She flew on airplanes for the first time this month, and also visited Arizona for the first time. Her first Halloween and Thanksgiving have passed, and soon she'll enjoy her first Christmas. We sure enjoy life with our little girl!

7 comments:

granny said...

Oh Lexi, you are growing up so fast. Can't wait to see you again...make another trip to AZ!

maynardmoments said...

Adorable pictures! I hope she feels better soon.

The Wizzle said...

She is just extra cute.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Heidi...I think my Lily and your Lexi could be sisters. They look so much alike to me. Have you noticed?! Lily grabs the patch of my hair, too. It is sweet, but kinda painful at that same time!

Grandma said...

Adorable Lexi! We're so glad she's part of our family. What a precious girl:)

Colleen said...

She is just SO cute! I think those teeny babies, like Luke and Lexi, DO need the calories at night! Sometimes their metabolisms are just too fast. And I'm with you on the crawling. That can just wait as long as possible, although Lexi doesn't sound too far off!

Melanie said...

Ok, that girl in the cute hat is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share