We enjoyed a fun Christmas Eve get-together with the Shaha family that included dinner, dessert, a nativity reenactment, and lots of talking and laughter. We're lucky to know such fantastic people!
Our kids didn't get to bed until almost 10:00 p.m., but we tucked them in wearing cozy new jammies.
Garry and I set a night-owl record preparing for the big day ahead. I finally crashed at 2:00 a.m., but Garry was up much later!
Of course the kids' reactions this morning made the sleep deprivation worth it! Some of my favorite moments:
- Hearing "Yes!!" and other happy exclamations as the boys unwrapped their gifts
- Watching the boys ride their new scooters around the house
- Installing new fruit and veggie drawers in the fridge (seriously, so exciting!)
- Enjoying a yummy casserole, cinnamon rolls, and OJ for breakfast
- Watching Gavin open all of Lexi's presents after she got up (two hours after the rest of us)
- Seeing Garry wear his new beanie and slippers all day long
- Talking to my brother Ryan (Croatian missionary) plus all of my parents and siblings via Skype for an hour
- Taking a 2.5-hour nap
Truly, we are blessed! What a happy day.