Pages

Feb 14, 2014

No more moo juice

Everyone who knows me knows my health has been really lame the last few years.  Although I have made great progress, I'm still not where I want to be. Recently some things in my life have shifted (in the wrong direction). I don't know what to blame, exactly.  Surely there's something to blame, right? Anyway, one of my chief complaints lately has been my skin, which is so covered with acne that I want to cry every time I look in the mirror.  I'm at the end of the road with the dermatologist, since the miracle drug is financially out of reach. So I've been doing some research and have come to a sad conclusion: I need to try a dairy-free diet.

Ugh.


Oh milk...I love milk.  I love a tall glass in the morning.  I love cereal and milk.  I love mozzarella cheese sticks (not the fried kind...although they are super yummy, too).  I love cottage cheese and sour cream and of course just regular cheese. And ice cream...oh, ice cream!  And chocolate. Dang. Haha. Anyway, it's going to be really hard for me to live without these things. I'm not sure I can do it.  But I'm so sick of being sick.  I've got to try something.

So here I go...may this be the miracle I've been looking for.  Shall we toast to success with a final glass of skim milk?  Or maybe some peanut butter chocolate ice cream?  Okay, okay...

No comments:

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share