Pages

May 26, 2013

Runaway

A few minutes ago, Lexi, who was picnicking in the back yard with her siblings, came inside and said that someone was in our front yard.  I went through the front door to greet this someone.  The man, whose grandkids live in our culdesac, said he found Kate walking by herself on the street around the corner.  (For the locals, she was on Contrails Drive!)  She was just in a diaper--no shoes, no clothes--and pigtails as she ran along the street.  Since he recognized Kate, the grandpa slowed down and parked his car, then picked her up and brought her home.  The silly girl had no idea she was in danger, of course.  When Kate got home, she returned to her spot at the picnic table and started eating watermelon like nothing had happened.


It's official: we are parents of the year.

3 comments:

Adri said...

Oh, my! That is so scary!

GinaJ said...

Very scary. But it also reminded me of my sister as a toddler. My mother would carefully make sure all exits were secured, but my brother and I would undo at least one without her knowledge. My sister would then take her dolly for a walk in the busy street. Fortunately, my mother had a very understanding visiting teacher who rescued my sister and returned her home safely. Thank the guardian angels who watch over the little ones!

Colleen said...

Yikes! I would have a hard time not spinning the "what ifs...." So glad she was safe!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share