Pages

Mar 31, 2013

Gavin at church

Gavin has taken to drawing in a notebook during sacrament meeting.  I love it.  He is happily occupied for the entire hour, and he often produces masterpieces that make me smile.  Today's favorite is a picture of me as I walk up to the temple.  I was feeling all warm and fuzzy when he showed me the picture, and then he added: "You can't see me because I'm locking the car."  I'm sure he was referring to our temple trip last week.


After church's Gavin's Primary teacher pulled me aside in the hall and related this story:

Sister Beeston was giving a lesson on the Holy Ghost.  She explained to the kids that the Holy Ghost could help them make good choices.  Gavin raised his hand and said, "I really want to make good choices, but all these bad choices are inside me and they just come out!"  Well, that made me laugh out loud, and also smile inside.  I'm impressed that Gavin is thinking about his choices.  He's a good boy with a tender heart...and, luckily for me, a pencil.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I love church drawings! Gavin's is great, with Moroni and everything. Gavin has it down at an early age. All the bad choices we have inside trying to get out and us working hard to keep them in. Isn't that one of the main points of this thing we call "life?"

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share